This documentation is for setting up your DashClicks custom domain. This is not for setting up your Agency Website custom domain. If you're looking for that article you can find it HERE.
Before you begin, if you do not have a domain name yet you can purchase one HERE.
DashClicks automatically creates your agency dashboard a domain name once you sign up. However, you can also add a domain name of your choice to completely white-label the platform.
What you would end up setting up is a sub domain. For example, dash.mydomain.com
Just follow these simple steps to get your custom domain name configured.
Get Started: Setup A Custom Sub Domain
1. Click the "My Agency" link in the main menu of your dashboard
2. Click "Custom Domain" in the sub-menu.
3. Click on the "Custom Domain" tab.
4. Once there, enter the desired sub-domain name in to the text field. Make sure this is a domain that you own or have access to.
5. Hit “Save Changes” and the page will refresh with the status of the sub-domain name. It will say ‘WAITING ON DNS RECORDS TO PROPAGATE’ in red because your CNAME record is not setup yet.
6. Next, login into your cPanel or DNS Hosting to edit your domain DNS records. Add a CNAME pointing to s.dashclicks.com as shown below:
The above is just an example to demonstrate the process. YOUR HOSTNAME WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN WHAT'S SHOWN IN THE IMAGE ABOVE.
6. Once the CNAME has been configured and it has propagated (can take several hours), the status button that previously said "WAITING ON DNS RECORDS TO PROPAGATE" will change as shown below:
7. At this point the process completes without any further assistance from you. The system will add your domain to a queue and generate an SSL when it's your domain's turn.
** IMPORTANT **
This step can take up to 48 hours. If it has not been at least that long the system is likely still working through the queue. If it has been longer than 48 hours and the process does not show as completed please feel free to open a support ticket.