When signing up a new client for our Facebook Ads service, DashClicks will need access to the clients Facebook Ad Account and Facebook Business Page.
Keep in mind, since we're your white-labeled provider, DashClicks branding will never be seen, so don't worry 😊.
This is a 3 step process:
- Setting up a Facebook Business Manager account for your client.
- Providing access to both the Facebook Page and the Facebook Ad Account.
- Making sure your client's billing information is updated in their Ad Account.
Let's start with setting up your client with a Facebook Business Manager account:
Step 1 - Set up your client with a Facebook Business Manager account.
- Have your client sign in to their personal Facebook account.
- Make sure the account they are logged into is Admin of their Facebook Business Page.
- Once logged in, have the client create a Facebook Business Manager account here: https://business.facebook.com/
You can send the following instructions to your client:
To create a Business Manager Account, use the following steps.
- Sign in to your personal Facebook account.
- Go to the Business Manager Overview Page.
- Click Create Account.
- Enter your Business Name & Email Address.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Business Details (Address, Phone Number, and Website).
- Select Promote its own goods or services for Business Use.
- Click Submit.
- An email with the subject Confirm your business will be sent to the email address you entered. Click the Confirm Now button in the email to receive full access to the account.
- Once confirmed, you have successfully created a Business Manager Account and can proceed to the following items.
Access your new Business Manager account and you will see the following tasks need to be completed.
- Click the Add Page button and a popup with the title Add Pages to Business Manager will appear.
- Under Add a page you own, click the Add Page button.
- Enter the name of your Facebook Business Page, select it, and click the Add Page button.
- A popup will immediately appear with the following: 'Since you're already Page admin on this Page, your request was approved automatically.'
- Click the Close button.
If you have created ads in the past without a Business Manager account, you were using a Personal Ad Account. For an optimal setup, you will need to create an Ad Account dedicated to promoting your Facebook Business Page.
- Click the Add Ad Account button and a popup with the title Add Ad Accounts to Business Manager will appear.
- Under Create a new ad account, click the Create Ad Account button.
- Enter the name of your business for the Ad Account Name and if applicable, make the necessary changes to the Time Zone and Currency.
- Click the Create Ad Account button. A new prompt will appear to add users to the ad account. At this point, you can just click the Skip button as you are the only user in your Business Manager Account at this time.
You will then need to set your Business Page as the primary page for the Business Manager Account.
- Go to your Business Manager Info Center.
- Click the Edit button on the right of your Business Manager Name, Identification Number, and Temporary Thumbnail Image.
- The Primary Page field will become a search box, enter your Business Name and select your Facebook Page.
- Click the Save button that shows up and your Business Manager Account will automatically take on the branding of your Facebook Page.
Step 2 - Providing access to their Facebook Business Page & Ad Account.
- Once the Business Manager Account has been created, navigate to Business Settings.
- On the left sidebar, click Partners. (Should be under the Users section)
- Click the + Add button.
- Enter in the following Partner Business ID: 251652662163606
- Then click the blue Next button.
- On the left sidebar, click Pages.
- Then Select the Facebook Business Page we need access to.
- Make sure the top right dropdown says Page Advertiser.
- Then on the left sidebar, click Ad Accounts.
- Then Select the Facebook Ad account we need access to.
- Make sure the top right dropdown says Ad Account Advertiser.
- If we're also running Instagram Ads, then on the left sidebar, click Instagram Accounts.
- Then check off the Instagram account we need access to.
- Once done, click the blue Assign Assets on the bottom right.
- Once done, our team should get the invitation to both the Facebook Page, Facebook Ads account, and if applicable, Instagram account. We should be good to start working from there.
Repeat the same process with your own Business Manager ID. If you do not know your ID, follow the instructions below.
- Sign in to your Business Manager Account.
- Navigate to the Business Manage Info Center.
- Your Business Manager ID will be shown directly under the name of your Business Manager Account.
Step 3 - Making sure your clients billing information is updated in Facebook Ads Manager
For all Facebook Ads campaigns the client gets billed directly from Facebook. To insure the ad account has the correct billing information for the client, please follow the steps below:
1. Login to your clients Facebook Ads Manager. (or have your client follow these steps)
2. Go to the Payment Settings in Ads Manager.
3. In the Payment Method section, click Add Payment Method.
4. Choose the payment method you want to add, fill in your information and then click Continue. Follow any additional instructions to add your payment method. This should be the clients billing information, not yours.
5. The payment method will saved to your account.
Once you have completed these 3 steps, please notify your account manager so we can get started on your clients accounts.