Before you begin, if you do not have a domain name yet you can purchase one HERE.
Our system automatically creates your dashboard domain name once you sign up. However, you can also add a domain name of your choice to completely white-label the platform.
For example, XXXXX.dashboardmode.com is the temporary domain name we give to every user by default where "XXXXX" is your business name. This guide will show you how to change this domain to one that you prefer.
IMPORTANT NOTE - In order to have access to the custom domain feature, you must subscribe to the Pro plan or higher.
Just follow these simple steps to get your custom domain name configured.
Get Started: Setup A Custom Sub Domain
1. Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner. Then, click on Settings.
2. From the left-side column, go to Business Settings. Then, click on Branding.
3. Once there, click Edit on the right to modify the Domain Name setting. Enter your desired custom domain name for your dashboard. Click Save.
Note - It will take a short period for your domain update after completing this entire process. In the interim, your newly saved domain will appear next to the default name in parentheses. After your dashboard officially updates to the new domain, it will appear as the sole URL in bolded text here.
4. Next, login into your cPanel or DNS Hosting to edit your domain DNS records. Add a CNAME pointing to s.dashboardmode.com.
If you are utilizing any of the following registrars, you can find in-depth instructions for each listed below. After you complete the steps in the article, return here to complete the process.
5. At this point the process completes without any further assistance from you. Once the changes have had an opportunity to propagate within your registrar, the system will add your domain to a queue and generate an SSL when it's your domain's turn.
** IMPORTANT **
This step can take up to 48 hours. If it has not been at least that long the system is likely still working through the queue. If it has been longer than 48 hours and the process does not show as completed please feel free to open a support ticket.